Monday, April 15, 2013

Just Chillin'

Spring has finally made an appearance here - we saw our first crocus today!!!  I really like winter, but am looking forward to the fun that summer brings.  To get ready for some summertime adventures, I decided to create a layout with the new Surf's Up Paper Packet.  I think the colors and patterns have a fun retro feel and am really excited to put some cool black and white beach photos on these pages!

I chose to use the splashes from one of the patterned papers as accent pieces for my layout by cutting them out and adhering them with 3-D Foam Tape.  I did the same with some of the flowers from the patterned paper and coated them with Liquid Glass for a little shine.

Blue sparkles in the middles of the flowers added a little more shine and dimension.

My final embellishments for the layout are the stamped images from the Under the Sea Stamp Set.  It is one of my favorites!!!  I just love the cute little fish!!!  They were colored with my trusty colored pencils and accented with a little more Liquid Glass.

The title was cut on tthe Cricut using both the Art Philosophy and Artiste Cartridges.

Hope it inspires you to get ready for some great summer memories!!!

Materials Used (CTMH unless mentioned):
Paper:  Surf's Up, Crystal Blue CS, Colonial White CS, Sorbet CS
Stamps:  Under the Sea
Inks:  Cocoa
Embellishments:  Blue Sparkles
Other:  3-D Foam Tape, Liquid Glass, Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Cricut Artiste Cartridge, colored pencils(Crayola)

No comments:

Post a Comment