Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Scooby Doo Party Supplies

A friend recently asked me to help out with the decor and thank you cards for her son's birthday party. I was both touched and flattered that she would think of me, especially since she is one of the most creative people I know! You can check out her amazing photography skills at Lorri Christine Photography.

She purchased a printable Scooby Doo themed kit from Etsy, which made my job super easy! I was able to assemble the printed elements and add a little flair to jazz them up.
Above are the thank you cards, which I mounted on Pear Cardstock and added a few orange, green, and purple brads to. You can also see the cupcake toppers - I backed them with scalloped circles cut in Pansy Purple and Pear Cardstock cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.


My favorite part of the project was making the birthday banner. I backed the letters to the words "Happy Birthday" with circles cut in Sunset and Pear CS with the AP Cartridge ( I love how easy it is to cut multiple images for a project like this!) There were Scooby Doo images for each end of the banner and I printed these twice each and hand cut Scooby so I could pop him up over the original image for some dimension. Then I added some more pop by accordian folding a strip of Pansy Purple CS and creating a rosette to go underneath. I love the dimension!!!
Between the words Happy and Birthday, I gave the same treatment to an image of the whole Scooby gang in the Mystery Machine.


I tried and tried, but couldn't get the whole banner in one photo! It was pretty big!



If you like what you see, I would love to create fabulous accents for your next party! I can do custom invitations, thank you cards, banners, cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, party favors... for just about any occasion. Please contact me at heidiscraps@charter.net to make arrangements for your next party or event!



Supplies Used (CTMH unless mentioned):




Paper: White, Pear, Pansy Purple, and Sunset CS




Embellishments: Purple Satin Ribbon - Michael's, brads - my stash, toothpicks

1 comment: