Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hoot, Hoot...

I have seen so many owl themed projects on Pinterest and elsewhere lately that I decided I needed to jump on the bandwagon! I made these owl pillowboxes as a thank you for my son's preschool teacher. The note inside says "Hoot, hoot, hooray - thanks for a great first day!" and I filled it with individually wrapped Lifesaver candies. Hope she liked it as much as I liked making it!Here's the details: I cut the pillow box using the Cricut and Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge at 5 1/2 inches. Then I cut 1 inch circles from some left over paper scraps from one of my favorite retired paper packs, Typeset. The eyes are 1 1/2 inch Colonial White circles and the black part was cut at 3/4 inch. For the beak and feet, I cut hearts at 1 inch. I just attached everything with some Tombo adhesive and "fluffed" the feathers a little. Super easy and cute, right?!


Supplies Used (CTMH unless mentioned):


Paper: Typeset(retired), Colonial White CS, Black CS, Creme Brulee CS


Embellishments: Clear Sparkles

No comments:

Post a Comment