Saturday, September 1, 2012

We love to read!

My sons and I all love books, and reading has been one of our favorite "together" times. When I saw the new Scholastic Paper Packet, I was inspired to create a layout that will showcase our love of reading. I especially loved the papers printed with the stacked books and old style library cards and envelopes. I don't have the perfect photos yet, but with school starting next week, I figure we will all be doing even more reading so there will be plenty of chances!



This layout is from the new book, Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1. It is filled with tons of inspiration and ideas, as well as patterns for 16 two page layouts, 2 single page layouts, and 12 different cards. For just $7.95, it is a resource you won't want to be without!!!
This was the first time I worked with the new Burlap Ribbon and it was so great! It didn't fray until I wanted it to, and didn't have the yucky odor that other burlap seems to have. I can't wait to use it for lots of other projects!!!!

Supplies used (CTMH unless mentioned):


Paper: Scholastic Paper Packet, Ruby CS, Outdoor Denim CS


Stamps: Atomic Caps (retired), Atomic Lower Case (retired)


Inks: Saddle, Outdoor Denim


Embellishments: Burlap Ribbon, Durables Studs Square, Memo Assortment


Other: Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Cricut Artiste Cartridge

No comments:

Post a Comment