Thursday, June 14, 2012

Teacher Gifts!!!




With the end of the school year, things have been very busy around here! We had a week of really fun activities at school followed by a three day long soccer tournament. I am finally catching my breath and trying to get caught up on my posting!



I love making handmade gifts, especially to thank my sons' teachers for all the hard work they do during the year! This year, I created boxes of personalized notepaper (From the desk of Mrs...) with matching pens. This is the first set I did for my third grader's teacher. She is very understated and likes lots of neutrals, so the retired Silhouette papers from Close to My Heart seemed perfect! I personally love them so much that I have been hoarding them for a while now and only using a bit at a time!



The boxes were inspired by the amazing Lisa Stenz, who created them some time ago and was extremely generous to share her designs on her website. I am always inspired by her gorgeous designs!


Of course, the gift wouldn't be complete without a matching card, so I set to work on that and came up with the one above. I am so pleased with how it turned out! The flower is very dimensional and was created using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and computer paper. I cut eight of the flowers from the computer paper and then crumpled and inked before layering them and attaching them to the card with a brad. Then I had to get creative again because I wanted a black button but didn't have any. So I just used a black Sharpie marker and colored a white one. Turned out pretty well!! Tied it with some Natural Hemp and glued it over the brad.



I will be back soon with the other note box I created.




Enjoy!



Supplies used (CTMH unless mentioned)



Paper: Silhouette (retired), Black CS

Stamps: Bohemian Alphabet


Inks: Bamboo and Vanilla Cream


Embellishments: Basic Assortment Buttons, Natural Hemp


Other: Black Sharpie Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment