Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fireman Birthday Party!

I think I have mentioned before that my youngest son is crazy about fire trucks and firefighters!  When it was time to plan his birthday celebration, there was no question what the theme would  be!!!  So, I got right to work and designed this birthday invitation.
I used the new Ruby Cardstock from Close to My Heart for the base and printed all of the info on White Cardstock.  I was lucky to find the striped paper in my stash - it is ANCIENT and didn't have any label, so I can't remember who it's by.  This finishing touch was the firetruck I cut with the Boys Will Be Boys Cricut cartridge.  My son loved it!!!

Next, I got to work on a banner to use at both parties (We always have one with family, and then a "kid" party for friends).  I used my most favorite Cricut Cartridge in the world, Art Philosophy to cut the scalloped circles, and circles.  The lettering is from the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge, and the firetrucks are from Boys Will Be Boys again.  I found the great fire hat online and printed it on the computer. 

And, what's a party without goody bags?  So I filled them up with some sweets, sparkly red pencils, and bouncy balls, along with these mini-composition books that I decorated for the theme.  I think they turned out pretty cute!

I hope you enjoyed our little fireman party post as much as I did!  There were lots of smiling faces!!!

Supplies Used (CTMH unless mentioned):
Paper:  Ruby CS, White CS, Black CS, Star Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny
Embellishments:  Ribbons - WalMart
Other:  Art Philosophy Cartridge, Boys Will Be Boys Cartridge, Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge

3 comments:

  1. Those treat bags are adorable!!! Way to go, super mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job planning and decorating for your son's party. I love the fireman theme.

    ReplyDelete