Monday, January 7, 2013

Avonlea Artwork Part 1

A while back I was thrilled to share with you that I had been chosen as a Design Team member for the Inks Outside The Box team blog, Creative Moose.  It is finally my turn to be featured and it's so exciting!  I will be sharing the same art here with you, but encourage you to check out all of the fabulous CTMH art and inspiration at Creative Moose!  I am honored to be part of a group of talented and creative women!!!

Today I am sharing a card done with the gorgeous Avonlea papers from CTMH.  I was inspired by all of the cards I have seen recently on Pinterest that featured pennants and ribbons, so cut three of the patterns from the pack into faux ribbons with notched bottoms.  Then I added a frame from the Pewter Mini-Medley Accents Collection  with the word "Happy" stamped inside. 

I finished it off with one of my favorite flower techniques.  I cut 7 of the daisy flower shapes from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge using regular copy paper.  Once the shapes were cut, I inked them lightly with a sponge and Desert Sand Ink.  Then I crumpled them up.  After piling them on top of each other and flattening them out slightly, I attached them to the front of the card with a pewter brad.  Love the dimension!

Materials Used (CTMH unless mentioned):
Paper:  Avonlea, Colonial White CS
Inks:  Desert Sand, Olive
Stamps:  For Every Occasion
Embellishments:  Pewter Mini-Medley Accents
Other:  Art Philosophy Crict Cartridge

No comments:

Post a Comment