Thursday, January 10, 2013

Avonlea Artwork Part 2

I am back with another Avonlea project that I created for the Design Team at Inks Outside the Box.  This is the first of two layouts that I did using the Avonlea Workshop on the Go Kit.  In all I was able to create two double page layouts, two cards, and a 3-D project.  It really is amazing how much you can do with just one kit!

When I first saw the Avonlea papers, the patterns on one sheet just screamed snowflakes to me, so I decided to go with a winter theme.  I can't wait to put some cool black and white photos on these pages!
To create the super sparkly snowflakes on both pages, I first cut <snowflake1>  on the Art Philosophy Cartridge five times each.  Then I glued and layered the snowflakes to create a faux chipboard effect.  Lastly, I covered the snowflakes with Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel.  The photos don't do them justice - they are sooo sparkly!!!
I added Parlor Velvet Rub-Ons to each snowflake to give the feel of a winter wind.  I actually cut the rub-ons to make them smaller and fit the space better.  Worked like magic!
I finished off the pages by creating a "signpost" using the Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  I created faux chipboard again using the same technique as above, but this time I covered the entire piece with Versa Mark ink, coated it with Clear Embossing Powder, and heated.  I was pleased with the effect - looks like a steel signpost to me!

Hope you enjoy!  :)

Materials Used (CTMH unless mentioned):
Paper:  Avonlea, Colonial White CS, Avonlea Green CS, Slate CS
Stamps:  Card Chatter-Christmas
Inks:  Slate, Chocolate
Embellishments:  Mocha Opaques Adhesive Gems, Parlor Velvet Rub-Ons
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Artiste Cricut Cartridge, Stardust Glitz Gel

No comments:

Post a Comment