Thursday, January 17, 2013

Countdown and Avonlea Part 4

The countdown is on to February 1st and the fabulous NEW catalog from Close to My Heart!  I can't wait for you to see all of the gorgeous new papers, awesome new stamp sets, and exciting new accessories and embellishments!  Here is a sneek peak of the front cover to give you a feel for how great it is going to be!
Adorable, right?!?  Stay tuned for info on my upcoming Open House, artwork with new products, and more specials!

I also want to share the last of the artwork I created for the Design Team at Inks Outside the Box.  It is the second layout I made using the Avonlea Workshop on the Go Kit.  I didn't follow the directions for the kit layouts, this was a creation of my own. 
I decided to echo the patterned paper with a "lacey" cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and added a clock from the Artiste Cartridge.  I also used more of the Parlor Velvet Rub-Ons.  I have to say that this isn't my favorite layout.  I had a vision in my head as I sat down to create, and no matter how much I tried, it just didn't translate to paper.  I really hate when that happens!!!  :(  I am planning to use this with some vintage photos of my grandparents when they first met.  I think the colors will be beautiful with the rich sepia toned photographs.  Just have to get some copies made and then get them on there!

Materials Used (CTMH unless mentioned):
Paper:  Avonlea, Olive CS, Cocoa CS, Colonial White CS, Twilight CS
Stamps:  Avonlea Workshop on the Go
Inks:  Cocoa, Olive
Embellishments:  Parlor Velvet Rub-Ons, Opaques Mocha Adveshive Gems, Pewter Mini-Medley Accents
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Artiste Cricut Cartridge

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this layout!! Love Avonlea!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It isn't one of my favorites so your complement really means a lot!

      Delete